In this season of giving, Vogt Realty Group will be collecting clothing donations for the St. Francis House, Boston’s largest day shelter. Below is a list of their most needed items. We will be collecting these items at our West Roxbury office at 2085 Centre Street from Thursday, November 15-Friday, December 14 between the hours of 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Donation Items for Men and Women
- Sturdy footwear: winter boots, walking shoes, sneakers
- Shirts: long and short sleeve
- Pants: jeans, slacks, sweats
- 3X and larger: long & short sleeve shirts, sweaters, and sweats
- Winter coats & jackets, sweaters & sweatshirts
- Winter hats and gloves
- NEW ONLY socks, underwear and undershirts (in original packaging)
Items to avoid -
• They do not accept donations of children’s items or most household goods.
• They do not accept used socks and underwear/undergarments
• They do not distribute items that are damaged or discolored. To ensure that our resources efficiently reach those in need, and to limit sorting time, please donate items in good condition that are only gently used.
- No Food
"Every day, up to 600 men and women come to St. Francis House for comfort, care and counseling. For many, the needs are basic: they seek safety, a nutritious meal, a shower, and a change of clothes. Others seek access to medical and mental health care. once stabilized, our guests begin to utilize our rehabilitative services such as job training and housing resources, which lead to healthy lives independent of shelters.
St. Francis House is blessed to receive about $1 worth of in-kind goods and volunteer services each year. We simply could not help as many individuals as we do without the support of our donors and volunteers. When you contribute pro bono services and casual and professional clothing, we are able to put the savings back into life-changing services for the poor and homeless."