Requirements And Procedure For Apartment Rental Process:
- $39.00 – application fee, per person (paid to third party, RentSpree, which pulls credit, background and eviction history; paid at the time of applying, non-refundable regardless if the application is accepted or denied).
- One application per person over the age of 18
- Apartment Rental Application – (click here to download)
- Employment/Income Verification (i.e. two paystubs, offer letter, tax doc, etc..)
- Photo ID Picture
Criteria Owners are looking for in potential tenants:
- The tenant’s income is high enough to afford the rent
- Personal/professional references and prior landlords is a part of the application process. This helps to verify who you are, and confirm your employment history.
- Has a history of paying rent on time/good rental history
A landlord will check your credit to get a sense of how responsible you are with debt and payments. Among the information in your credit report landlords find useful: Overall debt amounts, including credit card balances, loans and minimum monthly payments, late bill payments, Past-due accounts, defaults, collections, bankruptcies. Your credit score also provides a quick indicator of how creditworthy you are,
- When all documentation is in we will present your application to the landlord for review. The landlord decides to accept or reject your application(s). We do not.
- If your application is accepted, we begin drafting the lease. All payments are due at lease signing either by check, money order or DepositLink, which is a secure electronic payment service. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Typically, first months rent, last months rent and a half or full month security deposit is required. This is determined by the landlord. If they do request a security deposit, the full amount will be held in an interest bearing savings account that the owner will open. You will need to fill out a W9 form as is required by most banking institutions. At the end of the lease term, provided there are no damages or other issues, the entire amount plus interest will be returned to you. The owner has 30 days after you move out to return this to you.
- The landlord and agent will then coordinate how to pick up the keys and do a walkthrough of the unit. Once acceptable, a statement of condition of the apartment/house is signed by tenants and landlord.